AUSTIN (AP) – The Texas Department of Transportation is shutting down its toll tag customer service and website Friday for a thorough upgrade to debut next week.
A TxDOT statement says the new and improved TxTag customer services are to launch Wednesday, with a website that offers live chat support and a new mobile website that allows account management on the go. Billing statements are being redesigned, and text-message alerts will be offered.
A new automated phone system will allow payments, account updates and other services by phone. More automatic pay options will be offered, and reactivation fees will be eliminated.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- School Board Trustee Steps Down After Miss Black Texas Dispute
- Trump Takes Swipe At CNN Following Resignations
- Charlie Sheen’s Babe Ruth Memorabilia Up For Auction
- Ingredient In Popular Weed Killer Going On List As Cancerous
- Napoli Gets AL Ring In Return To Cleveland
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures