Facebook Pulls Woman’s Big Game Photos
DALLAS (AP) – Facebook has deleted some big game trophy photos posted by a Texas Tech cheerleader, saying they violated its standards.
However, 19-year-old Kendall Jones later shared a Fox News Channel montage of the deleted photos of rhinos, elephants, lions and leopards killed or tranquilized.
Jones has received criticism and support online after posting the pictures of herself in Africa. Jones says on her public Facebook page that the hunts are legal.
A statement issued Thursday by Facebook says it removes “reported content that promotes poaching of endangered species, the sale of animals for organized fight or content that includes extreme acts of animal abuse.”
Jones subsequently shared the “Fox & Friends” collection.
A Facebook spokesman declined to comment why the montage is permitted. Jones hasn’t returned messages from The Associated Press.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tornadoes Touch Down In Oklahoma, Nebraska On Active Day
- NASCAR Upholds Penalties Against Richard Childress Racing
- Controversial “Campus Carry” Bill May Soon Be Law
- Popular Gel Manicures Pose Health Concerns
- Apartment Fire Victims Thank Police Officers Who Saved Them
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures