Joey ‘Jaws’ Chestnut Wins Hot Dog Eating Contest
NEW YORK (AP) – The reigning champ of the Nathan’s famous hot dog eating contest gets to hold onto his mustard yellow belt.
Joey “Jaws” Chestnut of San Jose, California, packed away 61 hot dogs and buns in 10 minutes on Friday at the Coney Island contest. He won last year with 69.
Matt Stonie, also of San Jose, was hoping for an upset. But he downed just 56.
In the women’s division, defending champion Sonya “Black Widow” Thomas lost her title to Miki Sudo.
Sudo, of Las Vegas, wolfed down 34 franks and buns. Thomas, of Alexandria, Virginia, was only able to devour 27 3/4.
Chestnut got an extra prize Friday. He proposed to his girlfriend, a fellow competitive eater, before the contest. She said yes.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Keidel: Giving Thanks For Sports
- Bears-Lions Fantasy Starters: Matt Forte, Matthew Stafford, And Calvin Johnson
- Avoid Holiday Stress When Traveling With Children
- New Sentencing For Former Carthage Mortician Bernie Tiede
- Westbound I-635 At Midway Full Closure On Dec. 1st
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures