DALLAS, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) -Police are investigating what may have been an accidental shooting Thursday night that left one man dead in East Dallas.
According to Dallas Police, officers arrived at an apartment complex late last night where a man had been shot with a sawed-off shot gun.
Investigators say that the shooter was s 16-year-old boy, who told officers that he did not know that the gun was loaded.
The man who was shot was taken to the hospital, where he died.
The teenager has been taken to the Henry Wade Juvenile Justice Center on a charge of criminally negligent homicide.
Also arrested was 19-year old Enrique “Rico” Hernandez.
Hernandez was charged with making a firearm accessible to a child after he admitted to detectives that the gun belonged to him and that he left it in an unsecured location.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Looking For Missing 15-Year-Old
- Chaos Amid Protest At Cleburne High School
- Coppell High Student Creates Crisis Response Team
- Perry Decries Election Of 1st Gay Texas A&M Student Prez
- Texas A&M Tightens Policy On Who Can Sponsor Outside Speaker
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures