LAS VEGAS (AP) – While the rest of Lyoto Machida’s lunch party digs into steaks and cheesecake, he eats from a small plastic container of vegetables and pasta.
Machida doesn’t mind. It’s no small thing to drop 20 pounds as a mixed martial artist, and the Brazilian veteran believes he’ll get the payoff for his sacrifices at UFC 175.
Machida has won and lost a UFC championship belt during his lengthy career, and he moved down from light heavyweight to middleweight in his quest to win another title.
Machida (21-4) takes on middleweight champion Chris Weidman in the main event at UFC 175 in Las Vegas on Saturday night, headlining the promotion’s biggest event of the summer. Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey also faces Alexis Davis on the card in the UFC’s hometown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Kings Derail Dallas, 112-98
- ‘Fake’ Parking Attendants Targeting Popular Dallas Neighborhoods
- CBS11 I-Team: Inspections Missed On Local Flood Control Projects
- Dallas Man Says He Was Kicked Off Flight Because Crew Was Uncomfortable
- Attacker Who Gouged Out Man’s Eye Back On Street
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures