Machida Takes On Champ Chris Weidman At UFC 175
LAS VEGAS (AP) – While the rest of Lyoto Machida’s lunch party digs into steaks and cheesecake, he eats from a small plastic container of vegetables and pasta.
Machida doesn’t mind. It’s no small thing to drop 20 pounds as a mixed martial artist, and the Brazilian veteran believes he’ll get the payoff for his sacrifices at UFC 175.
Machida has won and lost a UFC championship belt during his lengthy career, and he moved down from light heavyweight to middleweight in his quest to win another title.
Machida (21-4) takes on middleweight champion Chris Weidman in the main event at UFC 175 in Las Vegas on Saturday night, headlining the promotion’s biggest event of the summer. Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey also faces Alexis Davis on the card in the UFC’s hometown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Study: Sauna Bathing Linked With Increased Life Span
- Jury In Super Bowl Seating Trial To Hear From NFL Commisioner
- Fears Turns To Frustration For Lakewood Elementary Parents
- Community Chips In To Rebuild Keller Family’s Home
- Authorities Say Teens Getting Dangerous Hallucinogens In The Mail
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures