Machida Takes On Champ Chris Weidman At UFC 175
Sports Fan Insider
LAS VEGAS (AP) – While the rest of Lyoto Machida’s lunch party digs into steaks and cheesecake, he eats from a small plastic container of vegetables and pasta.
Machida doesn’t mind. It’s no small thing to drop 20 pounds as a mixed martial artist, and the Brazilian veteran believes he’ll get the payoff for his sacrifices at UFC 175.
Machida has won and lost a UFC championship belt during his lengthy career, and he moved down from light heavyweight to middleweight in his quest to win another title.
Machida (21-4) takes on middleweight champion Chris Weidman in the main event at UFC 175 in Las Vegas on Saturday night, headlining the promotion’s biggest event of the summer. Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey also faces Alexis Davis on the card in the UFC’s hometown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Backs Off Idea Of Booze Sales At Gun Shows
- NFL Commissioner Goodell: ‘The Same Mistakes Can Never Be Repeated’
- 5 NFL Week 3 JB Locks Against The Spread
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 26 Starts And Sits
- More Than 700 Infants Exposed To TB At Texas Hospital
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures