LAS VEGAS (AP) – While the rest of Lyoto Machida’s lunch party digs into steaks and cheesecake, he eats from a small plastic container of vegetables and pasta.
Machida doesn’t mind. It’s no small thing to drop 20 pounds as a mixed martial artist, and the Brazilian veteran believes he’ll get the payoff for his sacrifices at UFC 175.
Machida has won and lost a UFC championship belt during his lengthy career, and he moved down from light heavyweight to middleweight in his quest to win another title.
Machida (21-4) takes on middleweight champion Chris Weidman in the main event at UFC 175 in Las Vegas on Saturday night, headlining the promotion’s biggest event of the summer. Bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey also faces Alexis Davis on the card in the UFC’s hometown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Video Shows Oklahoma Police Officer Running Over, Killing Shooting Suspect
- 30 Players: Lewis Brinson May Force His Way Onto Brewers In 2017
- Another Former Baylor Player Arrested On Sex Charge
- Survey: 15-Percent Of Women On UT Campus Report Being Raped
- Fort Worth Man Gets Prison For Cattle-Buying Scam
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures