Dallas Fire Calls Drastically Decreased This 4th Of July
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – The Fourth of July weekend is not over, but so far Dallas Fire has responded to far fewer fire calls this holiday.
According to statistics released by Dallas Fire Rescue, there were 33 fire calls between the night of July 3 to the early morning hours of July 5.
Six trash/dumpster fires, 11 grass fires and six structure fires were reported in that time period. 18 of those fires were reported on July 4.
That’s a drastic decrease when compared to 2013, when 82 fires were reported (32 trash/dumpster, 47 grass and 3 structure) on July 4.
DFR attributes the decrease in fires to more professional fireworks shows, enforcement, education and milder temperatures and recent precipitation.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pre Game Playlist: The Side of Tamba Hali You Didn’t Know
- ERCOT Reports Record Week In Electricity Demand
- Woods In Contention At Quicken Loans After 5-Under 66
- MedStar Reports Near Drowning At Hawaiian Falls Water Park In White Settlement
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: July 27-31
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures