SOUTHLAKE (CBSDFW.COM) – A North Texas small business has stepped up to help the children set to be housed in Dallas County.
Dynamic Travel Cruises is holding a toy drive and asking for new or used dolls, balls, stuffed animals or any other simple toy to give to kids.
Owner Steve Cosgrove says he got the idea after seeing protestors block buses full of immigrant women and children who were flown to California from overwhelmed Texas facilities.
“I saw the protest against the kids out in California and I thought that screaming at a bus load of 10-year olds or 8-year olds, who just hiked 16 hundred miles to get here, was not the way America should be represented,” said Cosgrove.
The agency is accepting donations at their office, located at 2325 E. Southlake Blvd., in Southlake. The hours of operation are Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm, Sunday from noon to 5 pm and weekdays from 9 am to 6pm.
All those who donate will be entered in a raffle to win a cruise for two from Royal Caribbean.
More information can be found on the Dynamic Travel Cruises’ Facebook page by clicking here.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rain Stops But Flooding Woes Continue For Rockwall Residents
- Transgender Texas Wrestler Wins Second High School Title
- Teen Killed, Another Injured In Shooting At Dallas Apartments
- Apple Repair Center Accidentally Called 911 About 1,600 Times
- Teacher On Leave After Video Shows Him Recording Fight Between Students
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures