IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) – The monthly tour of the Irving Heritage House now features a display of the bridal gowns of yesteryear. Gowns dating from the 1880s to a mid-century informal gown from the ’50s are shown. The 1903 gown, coat, and shoes ensemble of Agnes Sueppel Schulze, wife of Irving co-founder J. O. Schulze is included. The 1880 gown features a fabulous bustle.
Volunteers will give tours of the home on the first Sunday of each month.
Built in 1912 by C.P. Schulze, brother of one of Irving’s co-founders J.O. Schulze, the Heritage House is a restored pioneer home. The Texas State Historical Landmark is located at 303 S. O’Connor.
Admission is free.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- McKinney Festival Honors Wounded Veteran
- ‘Carry The Load’ Event In Dallas Honors Fallen Heroes
- Coppell ISD Investigating Alleged Sexual Assault On High School Campus
- Teen Killed In Shooting At Irving 7-11
- Texas Passes Softened Voter ID Law After Judge Finds Bias
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures