ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Authorities say a man trying to evade police in Arlington while driving a stolen van was killed after crashing into a concrete culvert.
Arlington police, who are investigating the Friday evening crash, say the van driver was trying to evade officers from nearby Kennedale when he tried to cross from the outside lane of Interstate 20 onto the service road.
Police say the van ended up crashing into a concrete culvert that separates the highway from the service road. Police say the van driver, the sole occupant of the vehicle, was taken to a hospital, where he was later pronounced dead.
Arlington investigators are working with Kennedale police on the investigation.
The van was reported stolen out of the nearby Fort Worth on Wednesday.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Senators Vote To Override Obama’s Veto Of 9/11 Bill
- Possible Gas Explosion Damages Oak Lawn Apartment Complex
- Police Say Murphy Teen Shot Mom With Pellet Gun
- WWE-NFL Connection: Big E’s Friend Plays For Giants, Is Hilarious
- Texans Place Star DE JJ Watt On Injured Reserve
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures