Dolly Parton Offers To Adopt “Dolly” The Dog
LONDON (AP) — Dolly Parton wants to take an unlikely fan home.
“Dolly” the dog was abandoned after the country music legend’s performance at the Glastonbury festival last month.
The lurcher, which has fluffy white hair, was seemingly left behind after the 150,000 decamped the site in the southwest of England.
Parton has pledged to adopt the dog, which animal shelter workers named in her honor.
Dolly is being treated for an ear infection at the Happy Landings animal shelter, which is near the festival site and is appealing for donations.
The shelter says in a statement that Dolly — the dog that is — is a “sweet-natured older lady” and that it is waiting for her owner to come forward.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- College Football Announces Championship Weekend Events
- Rangers Place Adduci On Concussion DL, Call Up Rua
- Faber Happy To Support Teammate Dillishaw At UFC 177
- Texas Tech QB Webb Wants To Have Fun Against FCS Opponent
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 23 Starts And Sits
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures