ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police have arrested a man for allegedly killing a 19-month-old toddler.
Joshua Beard, 20, faces a capital murder charge. Police said they believe he punched his girlfriend’s daughter and stomped on her until she died. He then buried the little girl’s body in Springtown, according to the police report.
A family member called police to let them know the toddler was missing. Beard was already in police custody for outstanding traffic warrants at the time.
Springtown is west of Fort Worth.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Drummers Arrive In North Texas For Shot At Championship
- Armed Man And Woman Force Way Past Door, Sexually Assault Homeowner
- Teen Charged With Murder Getting Social Media Support Behind Bars
- Lawmakers Hold Hearing On Bathroom Privacy Bills Friday
- North Texan Fighting Brain Cancer Focusing On Life
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures