WACO (AP) – Waco city officials say traffic signs pointing to Baylor’s old Floyd Casey Stadium are coming down this week and some Baylor alumni already want to buy them.
The signs no longer are needed with Baylor moving this fall into the new McLane Stadium on campus.
Waco’s purchasing department’s program supervisor, Sherry Martin, says while the old signs are stirring interest from souvenir hunters, the signs will be reused and repurposed if they’re in good condition.
One former Baylor student, Houston lawyer Ray Panneton, tells the Waco Tribune-Herald he’d be willing to pay several hundred dollars for a sign to add to his collection of Baylor football memorabilia.
But Waco city spokesman Larry Holze says the only ones likely to be sold are those that can’t be recycled.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Flower Mound Police Seek Help Identifying Suspect For Failing To Render Aid
- New At DFW Airport: Therapy Dogs
- A&M Student Hit Police Car After Taking Topless Snapchat Pic For Boyfriend
- Suspect Arrested In Destruction Of Trump’s Star
- Apple Updates MacBook Pro With Keyboard Touch Bar
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures