Waco Removing Floyd Casey Stadium Signs
WACO (AP) – Waco city officials say traffic signs pointing to Baylor’s old Floyd Casey Stadium are coming down this week and some Baylor alumni already want to buy them.
The signs no longer are needed with Baylor moving this fall into the new McLane Stadium on campus.
Waco’s purchasing department’s program supervisor, Sherry Martin, says while the old signs are stirring interest from souvenir hunters, the signs will be reused and repurposed if they’re in good condition.
One former Baylor student, Houston lawyer Ray Panneton, tells the Waco Tribune-Herald he’d be willing to pay several hundred dollars for a sign to add to his collection of Baylor football memorabilia.
But Waco city spokesman Larry Holze says the only ones likely to be sold are those that can’t be recycled.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Corps Decides Against Releasing More Water From Lake Lewisville
- Dallas Police Asking For Hundreds More Body Cams
- Nimitz High Classmates React To Student Murder
- Texas Senate OKs Wrongful Conviction Exoneration Commission
- Widow Files Lawsuit Against Fort Worth Police, Says Husband Was Unarmed
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures