Alexis Jones Leaving Duke For Baylor
WACO (AP) - Alexis Jones is going to Baylor after starting every game she played at Duke the past two seasons.
Baylor announced Monday that Jones had signed a financial aid agreement to attend the Big 12 school. She tore the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee in February and missed Duke’s last seven games.
Jones, a 5-foot-8 guard from MacArthur High in Irving, Texas, will sit out the 2014-15 season and then have two full seasons of eligibility remaining. She averaged 11.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.9 steals in her two seasons at Duke, and was the ACC tournament MVP as a freshman.
Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie has said she supports Jones’ decision.
Jones says she wanted to be closer to her family.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 15-Story Office Building Near Downtown Dallas Imploded
- Ennis Police Shoot, Wound Gunman In Truck Pursuit
- Arrest Made In Dallas Homicide
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures