WACO (AP) – Alexis Jones is going to Baylor after starting every game she played at Duke the past two seasons.
Baylor announced Monday that Jones had signed a financial aid agreement to attend the Big 12 school. She tore the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee in February and missed Duke’s last seven games.
Jones, a 5-foot-8 guard from MacArthur High in Irving, Texas, will sit out the 2014-15 season and then have two full seasons of eligibility remaining. She averaged 11.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.9 steals in her two seasons at Duke, and was the ACC tournament MVP as a freshman.
Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie has said she supports Jones’ decision.
Jones says she wanted to be closer to her family.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Even In The Amazon Era, Black Friday Shows Stores Are Alive
- College Basketball Games To Watch: Top Teams Battle It Out In Oregon
- No. 10 TCU Gets Big 12 Title Shot With 45-22 Win Over Baylor
- Suspect Charged In Texas Trooper’s On-Duty Shooting Death
- Cyntoia Brown Case: Celebrities Support Teen Killer, Highlight Sex Trafficking Abuse
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures