Alexis Jones Leaving Duke For Baylor
Sports Fan Insider
WACO (AP) - Alexis Jones is going to Baylor after starting every game she played at Duke the past two seasons.
Baylor announced Monday that Jones had signed a financial aid agreement to attend the Big 12 school. She tore the anterior cruciate ligament in her left knee in February and missed Duke’s last seven games.
Jones, a 5-foot-8 guard from MacArthur High in Irving, Texas, will sit out the 2014-15 season and then have two full seasons of eligibility remaining. She averaged 11.1 points, 4.3 rebounds, 4.6 assists and 1.9 steals in her two seasons at Duke, and was the ACC tournament MVP as a freshman.
Duke coach Joanne P. McCallie has said she supports Jones’ decision.
Jones says she wanted to be closer to her family.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dez Bryant, Joseph Randle Argue At Practice After Jail Booking Video Released
- NASCAR Fans Race To The Race At Texas Motor Speedway
- Maddux, Magadan Return To Rangers Coaching Staff
- Waxahachie Police Detain Student For Making ‘Hit List’
- Death Of Texas Girl In Refrigerator Ruled Homicide
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures