American Airlines CEO Sees Travel Demand
FORT WORTH (AP) - The CEO of American Airlines says travel demand is still strong and he is not worried about airlines adding so many flights that they will drive down prices.
American Airlines Group Inc. CEO Doug Parker says airlines can charge profitable fares even as they add seats, which is different than in past years, when they were losing money.
Parker’s upbeat tone Tuesday contrasted with comments from Air France-KLM, which lowered its 2014 earnings forecast because overcapacity on international flying is hurting profits. Last month, Deutsche Lufthansa AG issued a similar warning.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Staples: Customer Data Exposed In Security Breach
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Unexpected Surprise For Some Collin County Burglary Victims
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures