Darvish Struck In Head During Rangers BP
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – All-Star pitcher Yu Darvish was struck in the head by a ball during a throwing session in the outfield while the Texas Rangers took batting practice Tuesday.
Darvish resumed throwing after a few minutes.
The Rangers said Darvish, who is scheduled to start the series finale against Houston on Wednesday night, would be checked by team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Darvish had just made a throw when he was struck apparently by a batted ball. Clearly stunned, the Japanese ace dropped into a squat momentarily before getting up, wiping his brow and appearing to check his head with his fingers. He then put his cap back on and finished his throwing session with other pitchers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 Texas Counties Won’t Meet New Ozone Standard
- Whole Foods Recalls Vegan Pumpkin Pies
- Top 5 Holiday Scams And How To Avoid Them
- Secret Santa Surprises Saginaw Family With Decoration
- It’s The Annual ‘Black Pieday’ At Fort Worth Pastry Shop
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures