Darvish Struck In Head During Rangers BP
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – All-Star pitcher Yu Darvish was struck in the head by a ball during a throwing session in the outfield while the Texas Rangers took batting practice Tuesday.
Darvish resumed throwing after a few minutes.
The Rangers said Darvish, who is scheduled to start the series finale against Houston on Wednesday night, would be checked by team physician Dr. Keith Meister.
Darvish had just made a throw when he was struck apparently by a batted ball. Clearly stunned, the Japanese ace dropped into a squat momentarily before getting up, wiping his brow and appearing to check his head with his fingers. He then put his cap back on and finished his throwing session with other pitchers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Furyk Gets It Done At RBC Heritage; Zurich Classic Next
- Thieves Leave No Mess While Taking ATM
- 5 Of Boxing’s Most Controversial Fights Ever
- Man Dead After Shooting In Oak Cliff
- Bush To Hand Campaign Tasks To Super PAC
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures