CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – NASCAR has penalized Kurt Busch and his Stewart-Haas Racing team for failing a post-race inspection at Daytona International Speedway.
Crew chief Daniel Knost was fined $10,000 on Tuesday because the track bar on Busch’s Chevrolet exceeded the maximum separation. Busch finished third in Sunday’s rain-shortened and rescheduled race.
Busch was also docked 10 driver points, and Gene Haas was docked 10 owner points.
The penalty dropped Busch from 24th to 26th in the standings. But the 2004 NASCAR champion still has a 156-point advantage on the 31st-place driver. Busch only needs to be ranked in the top 30 to be eligible for the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Friends Remember Men Allegedly Killed By Teacher
- Justin Timberlake’s Ballot Selfie Highlights Mixed Voting Laws
- World Series Game 2 Start Moved Up An Hour, Rain In Forecast
- DART Approves 2 Expansion Projects At Same Time
- Memorial Planned For Victims Of Fort Worth Double Murder
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures