CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) – NASCAR has penalized Kurt Busch and his Stewart-Haas Racing team for failing a post-race inspection at Daytona International Speedway.
Crew chief Daniel Knost was fined $10,000 on Tuesday because the track bar on Busch’s Chevrolet exceeded the maximum separation. Busch finished third in Sunday’s rain-shortened and rescheduled race.
Busch was also docked 10 driver points, and Gene Haas was docked 10 owner points.
The penalty dropped Busch from 24th to 26th in the standings. But the 2004 NASCAR champion still has a 156-point advantage on the 31st-place driver. Busch only needs to be ranked in the top 30 to be eligible for the Chase for the Sprint Cup championship
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Baylor Says President Ken Starr To Retain Position Amid Football Scandal
- Two Men Arrested In Connection To Arlington Man’s Death
- Records: Dallas DA Susan Hawk Worked 2 Days In May
- Top 5 Tips For A Successful Garage Sale
- Bill Waybourn Wins Republican Nomination For Tarrant County Sheriff
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures