Rangers Put Martinez On DL, Call Up Irwin To Start
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) - The Texas Rangers have placed right-hander Nick Martinez on the 15-day disabled list, and recalled right-hander Phil Irwin from Triple-A Round Rock.
Irwin was set to start Tuesday night’s game against Houston in his Rangers debut. His only other major league appearance was a start for Pittsburgh on April 13, 2013.
Martinez has discomfort in his left side, and the move was retroactive to July 2.
Martinez is 1-6 with a 5.10 ERA over 16 games (11 starts) for the Rangers.
Irwin was 4-1 with a 2.41 ERA in seven games (six starts) for Round Rock. Texas got him on a waiver claim from Pittsburgh on May 28.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sam Will Try To Paint Odds With Cowboys Try Out
- Disturbing New Details About Murder Of 5-Year-Old Dallas Girl
- Family Of Unarmed Man Killed By Police Files Lawsuit
- Report: Cowboys Considering Michael Sam For Practice Squad
- Texas Voter ID Decision Not Expected Before Nov. Elections
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures