Rangers Put Martinez On DL, Call Up Irwin To Start
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – The Texas Rangers have placed right-hander Nick Martinez on the 15-day disabled list, and recalled right-hander Phil Irwin from Triple-A Round Rock.
Irwin was set to start Tuesday night’s game against Houston in his Rangers debut. His only other major league appearance was a start for Pittsburgh on April 13, 2013.
Martinez has discomfort in his left side, and the move was retroactive to July 2.
Martinez is 1-6 with a 5.10 ERA over 16 games (11 starts) for the Rangers.
Irwin was 4-1 with a 2.41 ERA in seven games (six starts) for Round Rock. Texas got him on a waiver claim from Pittsburgh on May 28.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Investigating Garland Murder Asking For Public Tips
- 5 Things I Hope Happen In Cowboys Training Camp
- Kraft Recalling American Cheese Slices Over Choking Concerns
- Bobbi Kristina To Be Buried Next To Mother
- Ready To Play: How Dontae Johnson Gears Up For The NFL Season
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures