ARLINGTON (AP) – A North Texas woman whose boyfriend has been accused of killing her toddler daughter faces charges that she helped bury the body under a bridge.
Arlington city jail records show 17-year-old Alexis Botello was being held Wednesday on charges of tampering with evidence and injury to a child.
Botello was arrested Tuesday night with bond set at $125,000. She joins 20-year-old Joshua Markus Beard in jail. Beard was arrested earlier on a capital murder charge in the death of 18-month-old Tylea Moore.
Police believe the girl was killed Friday in Arlington and her body was buried near Springtown, 40 miles away. Relatives contacted police Sunday when they could not locate the child. Police have said the mother led them to the body.
According to the arrest warrant, Botello told police after Tylea was dead, the couple put her body in the trunk of the car and stopped at a Walmart in Weatherford to buy gloves and two shovels.
Jail records don’t list attorneys for the couple.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Dennis Smith Jr. Will Compete In Slam-Dunk Contest
- Commission Begins Discussing Texas School Finance Overhaul
- 5 Workers Presumed Dead In Oklahoma Rig Explosion
- North Texas Law Enforcement Officers Learning To Understand Autism
- Gun Industry Gathers In Las Vegas, Over 3 Months After Mass Shooting
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures