Arlington Mom Also Charged After Child’s Death
ARLINGTON (AP) – A North Texas woman whose boyfriend has been accused of killing her toddler daughter faces charges that she helped bury the body under a bridge.
Arlington city jail records show 17-year-old Alexis Botello was being held Wednesday on charges of tampering with evidence and injury to a child.
Botello was arrested Tuesday night with bond set at $125,000. She joins 20-year-old Joshua Markus Beard in jail. Beard was arrested earlier on a capital murder charge in the death of 18-month-old Tylea Moore.
Police believe the girl was killed Friday in Arlington and her body was buried near Springtown, 40 miles away. Relatives contacted police Sunday when they could not locate the child. Police have said the mother led them to the body.
According to the arrest warrant, Botello told police after Tylea was dead, the couple put her body in the trunk of the car and stopped at a Walmart in Weatherford to buy gloves and two shovels.
Jail records don’t list attorneys for the couple.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mother, 2 Children Survive Hit-And-Run
- Pork Sausage Patty Recall Due To Possible “Foreign Matter Contamination”
- Gov. Abbott Aims To Block Enforcement Of State Clean Air Act
- Texas Clinics File Supreme Court Appeal Of Abortion Law
- UPDATE: Suspicious Man At School Was Indeed Uber Driver Sent By Parents
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures