SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) – Coach Gregg Popovich has agreed to a multi-year extension with the San Antonio Spurs.
The Spurs made the announcement on Tuesday. The team did not announce the terms of the deal in a two-sentence news release.
With Tim Duncan, Boris Diaw and the rest of the key elements of a team that won the franchise’s fifth NBA title all set to return next season, it was no surprise that Popovich has signed on for a few more years. He is 1,116-533 in his career, including the playoffs, and won his third coach of the year trophy this season after leading the Spurs to an NBA-best 62 wins in the regular season.
He is one of three coaches to be named coach of the year three times.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Military Widow Slams Trump & His University At DNC
- Last Charge Dropped Against Anti-Abortion Duo Behind Videos
- Powerball Jackpot $422 Million After Months Without Winner
- Dallas Man Sentenced To Jail For Sabotaging Citibank Computers
- Chaos Erupts Between Texas Delegation’s Clinton & Sanders Supporters
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures