LOS ANGELES (AP) – How often do your favorite TV outlets all carry the same show at the same time — and in prime time, without ads?
Tune in to just about any channel on September 5 at 7:00 p.m. Central to see for yourself. Dozens of broadcast and cable networks will again donate a simultaneous hour of commercial-free airtime to carry the fundraiser “Stand Up to Cancer.”
Participants will include CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Lifetime, ESPNews and many others. A Canadian broadcast is being added this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen are returning to produce the telecast for a second time and other stars from television, film and music will encourage and accept donations from the public. The money raised supports cross-disciplinary research toward new cancer treatments.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Police Looking For Man Who Allegedly Shot Bar Employee
- Shooting Reported At South Carolina Elementary School
- Survey: Texans Concerned About College Access & Student Debt
- Garrett: Dez Has A Slight Hairline Fracture In His Knee
- On The Rise: Matthew Fitzpatrick And European Tour’s Next Generation
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures