“Stand Up To Cancer” Returns September 5
LOS ANGELES (AP) - How often do your favorite TV outlets all carry the same show at the same time — and in prime time, without ads?
Tune in to just about any channel on September 5 at 7:00 p.m. Central to see for yourself. Dozens of broadcast and cable networks will again donate a simultaneous hour of commercial-free airtime to carry the fundraiser “Stand Up to Cancer.”
Participants will include CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Lifetime, ESPNews and many others. A Canadian broadcast is being added this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen are returning to produce the telecast for a second time and other stars from television, film and music will encourage and accept donations from the public. The money raised supports cross-disciplinary research toward new cancer treatments.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas ISD Campaigning Now For New Teachers
- Rangers Drop 7th Straight In Preseason Play
- Pop-Up Park Brings Greenspace To Deep Ellum Neighborhood
- Woman Claims She Was Fired From Starbucks During Cancer Struggle
- Pregnant Patron Recounts Narrow Escape After SUV Slams Into Building
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures