“Stand Up To Cancer” Returns September 5
LOS ANGELES (AP) – How often do your favorite TV outlets all carry the same show at the same time — and in prime time, without ads?
Tune in to just about any channel on September 5 at 7:00 p.m. Central to see for yourself. Dozens of broadcast and cable networks will again donate a simultaneous hour of commercial-free airtime to carry the fundraiser “Stand Up to Cancer.”
Participants will include CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, HBO, Showtime, Lifetime, ESPNews and many others. A Canadian broadcast is being added this year.
Gwyneth Paltrow and Joel Gallen are returning to produce the telecast for a second time and other stars from television, film and music will encourage and accept donations from the public. The money raised supports cross-disciplinary research toward new cancer treatments.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 4th Of July Weekend Sports TV Guide
- Dallas To Spray For West Nile After Second Trap Tests Positive
- September Arguments Set For Texas School Finance Case
- Texas Motor Speedway Asking Race Fans To Ditch The Confederate Flag
- Six-Year-Old Dies 2 Days After Being Pulled From Fort Worth Pool
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures