Umpires Named For MLB All-Star Game
NEW YORK (AP) – Gary Cederstrom is going to be the home plate umpire for next week’s All-Star game at Target Field in Minnesota.
Cederstrom also will serve as the crew chief in his second career All-Star game. He was the third base umpire for the 2003 game at U.S. Cellular Field in Chicago.
Jeff Nelson (first base), Bob Davidson (second base), Scott Barry (third base), Todd Tichenor (left field) and Vic Carapazza (right field) also have been assigned to this year’s Midsummer Classic. Jerry Layne will serve as the replay official based in New York.
Major League Baseball announced the umpires on Tuesday.
The official scorers for the game will be Stew Thornley, Gregg Wong and La Velle Neal, the president of the Baseball Writers’ Association of America.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- North Texas To Begin West Nile Virus Ground Spraying
- Teacher Charged With Improper Relationship With Student
- Minivan Slams Into House In Frisco
- Cowboys Tonight – ‘Projects’ Or Suspect?
- DPD Looking For Jeep Involved In Deadly Uptown Shooting
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures