Dallas Man Gets 24 Years In Child Pornography Case
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas man who used a cellphone to take sexually explicit photos and video of a toddler has been sentenced to 24 years in federal prison.
James Brian Rivers was sentenced Wednesday afternoon. The 23-year-old Rivers in January pleaded guilty to production of child pornography and prepubescent child pornography.
Prosecutors say Rivers was arrested after leaving his cellphone at a neighbor’s house in June 2013. The neighbor scrolled through the phone, found the pornographic images and contacted authorities.
Investigators say the victim was nearly 2 years old. Further details on the youngster weren’t immediately released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Hopes, College Champion Game Means National Attention
- Option Of Paper or Plastic May Be No More In Dallas
- Senator Ted Cruz Leans Toward 2016 Presidential Run
- Mexican Cartels Ramp Up Human Smuggling Business
- North Texans March In Labor Day Parade For Higher Wages
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures