Dallas Man Gets 24 Years In Child Pornography Case
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas man who used a cellphone to take sexually explicit photos and video of a toddler has been sentenced to 24 years in federal prison.
James Brian Rivers was sentenced Wednesday afternoon. The 23-year-old Rivers in January pleaded guilty to production of child pornography and prepubescent child pornography.
Prosecutors say Rivers was arrested after leaving his cellphone at a neighbor’s house in June 2013. The neighbor scrolled through the phone, found the pornographic images and contacted authorities.
Investigators say the victim was nearly 2 years old. Further details on the youngster weren’t immediately released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- High School Students Among Six Killed In Car Crash
- Study: Action-Packed TV Might Make You Snack More
- Two Teens Injured After Falling Out Of Carnival Ride
- Silver Alert Issued For Missing 89-Year Old Man From Sherman
- Bryan Bros. Advance To U.S. Open Quarters
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures