DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas man who used a cellphone to take sexually explicit photos and video of a toddler has been sentenced to 24 years in federal prison.
James Brian Rivers was sentenced Wednesday afternoon. The 23-year-old Rivers in January pleaded guilty to production of child pornography and prepubescent child pornography.
Prosecutors say Rivers was arrested after leaving his cellphone at a neighbor’s house in June 2013. The neighbor scrolled through the phone, found the pornographic images and contacted authorities.
Investigators say the victim was nearly 2 years old. Further details on the youngster weren’t immediately released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Former Fed Official Edward W. ‘Mike’ Kelley Jr. Dies At 84
- Chimney Sweeps Working Long Hours Now That Winter’s Here
- What Dallas Council Members Want In A New City Manager
- New Foster Care Center Looks To Limit Lifetime Impact Of Abuse
- South Carolina Prosecutors Plan To Retry Officer Accused Of Killing Unarmed Black Man
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures