DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas man who used a cellphone to take sexually explicit photos and video of a toddler has been sentenced to 24 years in federal prison.
James Brian Rivers was sentenced Wednesday afternoon. The 23-year-old Rivers in January pleaded guilty to production of child pornography and prepubescent child pornography.
Prosecutors say Rivers was arrested after leaving his cellphone at a neighbor’s house in June 2013. The neighbor scrolled through the phone, found the pornographic images and contacted authorities.
Investigators say the victim was nearly 2 years old. Further details on the youngster weren’t immediately released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Funeral Held For Exchange Student Killed In Texas School Shooting
- Houston Police Chief: Politicians ‘Not Doing Anything Other Than Offering Prayers’ After Shootings
- Texas School Shooting Victims Honored At Sunday Church Service
- Cyclists Tried Scaring Cougar But It Attacked, Killing 1
- 14-Year-Old Pretends He’s NY Cop, Robs Legally Blind Man
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures