Dallas Man Gets 24 Years In Child Pornography Case
DALLAS (AP) – A Dallas man who used a cellphone to take sexually explicit photos and video of a toddler has been sentenced to 24 years in federal prison.
James Brian Rivers was sentenced Wednesday afternoon. The 23-year-old Rivers in January pleaded guilty to production of child pornography and prepubescent child pornography.
Prosecutors say Rivers was arrested after leaving his cellphone at a neighbor’s house in June 2013. The neighbor scrolled through the phone, found the pornographic images and contacted authorities.
Investigators say the victim was nearly 2 years old. Further details on the youngster weren’t immediately released.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Colorado Geophysicists Work To Find Cause Of North Texas Quakes
- Texas Executes Man For 1996 Strangling, Beating Death
- Fort Worth Officer Stable After Shooting; Suspect Killed
- Plano PD Calls Special Kidnapping Safety Meeting
- Woman’s Car Impounded For Failure To Pay Tolls
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures