Fielder Focuses On Healing, Not Playing
ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder is focused on healing after neck surgery and not worried about when he will play again.
Fielder said Thursday that he is doing a little rehab, but nothing too serious or baseball-wise yet. He had cervical fusion of two disks in his neck May 27.
Speaking to reporters in the clubhouse for the first time since the operation, Fielder said he is motivated to get back but isn’t pushing anything.
He isn’t expected to play again this season, but should be ready for spring training.
Fielder had played in 547 consecutive games since 2010 when he played his last game May 16. He hit .247 with three home runs and 16 RBIs in 42 games in his first season with Texas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Second Night Weather Headlines ACM Show
- How Stars Spent The Day Before The ACMs
- Watauga PD Arrest Attempted Kidnapping Suspect
- Former Ranger, Josh Hamilton, Files For Divorce In Tarrant County
- Blue Bell Working To Get Past Listeria Contamination Scare
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures