ARLINGTON, Texas (AP) – Rangers first baseman Prince Fielder is focused on healing after neck surgery and not worried about when he will play again.
Fielder said Thursday that he is doing a little rehab, but nothing too serious or baseball-wise yet. He had cervical fusion of two disks in his neck May 27.
Speaking to reporters in the clubhouse for the first time since the operation, Fielder said he is motivated to get back but isn’t pushing anything.
He isn’t expected to play again this season, but should be ready for spring training.
Fielder had played in 547 consecutive games since 2010 when he played his last game May 16. He hit .247 with three home runs and 16 RBIs in 42 games in his first season with Texas.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Hawaii Governor Was Slow To Correct Missile Blunder Because He Forgot His Twitter Password
- Dennis Smith Jr. Disputes Report That He Will Compete In Slam Dunk Contest
- Tide Pods Maker: Don’t Blame Us For Kids’ ‘Poor Judgment’
- Commission Begins Discussing Texas School Finance Overhaul
- 5 Workers Presumed Dead In Oklahoma Rig Explosion
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures