Fort Worth Teen Gets Life For Sexual Assault
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) - A Texas jury has sentenced a Fort Worth teen to life in prison for raping a woman and stabbing her 19 times.
The Tarrant County district attorney’s office announced Thursday that it took jurors 30 minutes of deliberation to hand down the sentence to 18-year-old Juan Olmos. It took them 12 minutes to find Olmos guilty of aggravated sexual assault.
The district attorney’s office says that Olmos was naked from the waist down and wearing rosary beads when he broke into the woman’s house at about 4:30 a.m. on July 30. He bound the woman with duct tape and assaulted her for two hours before repeatedly stabbing her.
The woman survived the attack and testified against Olmos this week in court.
A message seeking comment was left with Olmos’ attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 5 NFL Rookies To Shine In 2014
- Guilty Plea Entered By Cuban Ballplayer Smuggler, Has Ties To Leonys Martin
- 5 New NFL Rules for 2014: Are They Necessary?
- CBSSports.com: Fantasy Baseball Week 22 Starts And Sits
- Romo, Tannehill Ready For Dress Rehearsals
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures