FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) – A Texas jury has sentenced a Fort Worth teen to life in prison for raping a woman and stabbing her 19 times.
The Tarrant County district attorney’s office announced Thursday that it took jurors 30 minutes of deliberation to hand down the sentence to 18-year-old Juan Olmos. It took them 12 minutes to find Olmos guilty of aggravated sexual assault.
The district attorney’s office says that Olmos was naked from the waist down and wearing rosary beads when he broke into the woman’s house at about 4:30 a.m. on July 30. He bound the woman with duct tape and assaulted her for two hours before repeatedly stabbing her.
The woman survived the attack and testified against Olmos this week in court.
A message seeking comment was left with Olmos’ attorney.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Consumer Justice: More Fans Claim Cowboys Ticket Ripoff
- Holiday Lights Display In Grand Prairie Rain Delayed
- Mix-Up Sends North Texas Pet To Hawaii, Instead of Mississippi
- Grandmother’s Body Located In Car Swept Away By Flood Waters
- Roofers Respond To Massive Demand After Rainy Holiday
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures