LOS ANGELES (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Just one day before a date in North Texas, Bobby Brown is leaving a reunion tour with the group New Edition to focus on his health.
A spokeswoman for the R&B group said group members Ricky Bell, Michael Bivins, Ronnie DeVoe, Johnny Gill and Ralph Tresvant wish the 45-year-old singer a speedy recovery. No other details were provided.
“At this time, Bobby needs to put his health first, and we wish him a speedy recovery,” said the statement. “We are giving each and every show all we’ve got until his return — and will continue giving the fans 110 percent each night.”
Brown was seen struggling to keep up with fellow New Edition members during a dance routine before leaving the stage in a video posted online of the group’s July 2 show in Southaven, Mississippi.
The other New Edition members will continue for the remaining 16 shows of the All Six reunion tour, the first of which is tomorrow night at the Verizon Theatre in Grand Prairie.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Chaos Erupts Between Texas Delegation’s Clinton & Sanders Supporters
- Prison For Driver Who Hit Bicyclist So Hard He Stuck In Windshield
- NFL Teams Now Subject To Penalties For Violating Concussion Protocol
- Plano Leaders On Board For DART Rail Line To DFW Airport
- Church Hostage-Takers Killed After Slitting Throat Of Priest
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures