NEW YORK (AP) – Chrysler says it is recalling 651,000 Jeep and Dodge SUVs in the U.S. because vanity mirror lights that have undergone repairs can short circuit and start a fire if not reassembled correctly.
The recall is for certain 2011 to 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango models. Chrysler says it has seen the problem only in lighted sun visor mirrors that have been repaired. But as a precaution, it says the recall applies to all of the vehicles.
The automaker says it knows of three injuries caused by the lighted mirror.
Chrysler will contact customers and let them know when they can have the problem fixed.
The recall will total 895,000 SUVs around the world. About 45,000 are in Canada, 23,000 are in Mexico and 175,000 are outside North America.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Sign Jason Witten To 4-Year Extension
- Supreme Court Rules For Texas Death Row Inmate
- WWE’s Baron Corbin On Conor McGregor, “I Would Slam Him On His Head”
- 30 Players: Rangers’ Nomar Mazara Just Getting Started
- Facebook Adds More Snapchat-Like Features
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures