Dallas Seeking Structures To Demolish
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The City of Dallas is asking residents to submit structures that may qualify for demolition as part of ‘Operation Crackdown,’ which partners with the National Guard to tear down vacant structures that draw crime.
This is the fourth year that the City of Dallas has participated in the program, and more than 100 structures have been torn down as a result of the partnership.
By participating, the National Guard gets valuable training, by keeping the skill levels of their engineers high, and training and preparing them for the unit’s wartime mission.
The city benefits by having structures torn down that attract drug use and prostitution, among other crimes.
Structures that may qualify for demolition include:
– vacant and substandard structures.
– usually single-family structures.
– “drug or crime” related problems on the property.
– city must be able to contact the owner.
– the owner must give the city permission to demolish the structure (no cost to the owner, owner keeps the land).
To submit a structure for consideration, email Anica Lazarin (at email@example.com) with the address and ownership information (owner’s name and contact information, family member names, phone numbers, current addresses, email, community contacts) by Friday, July 11 for additional investigation.
Include ‘Operation Crackdown’ in the subject line. The demolition will take place from September 8-19 for properties that qualify.
- Dallas Airports Prep For Holiday Parking
- Lewisville ISD Educator Arrested For Improper Relationship
- Denton Residents Uneasy After Home Invasion Ends In Murder
- Cowboys Victory Makes Playoff Tickets A Hot Christmas Gift
- North Texas Police Have Safety Concerns After NYC Police Murders
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures