HOUSTON (AP) — A husband with a camera on his head has recorded the frantic drive to a Houston hospital with his in-labor wife and the birth of their son in the parking lot.
Kristin Dickerson says she and the baby, Truett, are doing well.
Troy Dickerson used a GoPro camera during the June 28 drive and birth. His wife is heard screaming and saying, “I can’t make it.”
She begins to deliver their son while standing in the valet parking area at Texas Children’s Hospital.
Her husband yells for help, coaches his wife to push and catches the baby. The video shows the woman slipping into a wheelchair with the baby as medical personnel rush to check mother and child.
The Dickersons live in Rosenberg, 35 miles away. Truett joins two brothers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Armed Robber Steals $100K From Bank In Fort Worth
- Welcome To Texas: Texas Country Reporter
- Officer’s Rape Conviction Set Aside After Accuser Admits Lie
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: How Can The Stars Recover Against The Blues
- BREAKING: Worker Rescued From Trench In Irving
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures