“Lone Ranger” Actor’s Outfit Up For Auction
WACO (AP) – The outfit Lone Ranger actor Clayton Moore wore when he made appearances as the character after retiring from television is going up for auction in Texas.
Waco-based A & S Auction Co. will offer up the items on Saturday.
Moore, who died in 1999, played the masked lawman on the ABC television series “The Lone Ranger” from 1949 to 1957.
The auction house says that for years after retiring from television, Moore made public appearances in character at events including fairs. His outfit included a powder-blue shirt and pants, red kerchief and Stetson hat. He also wore boots, a gun belt and carried Colt pistols made especially for him.
The items spent more than a decade in the collection of a late Texas businessman whose family is offering the items.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- Over 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures