Lone Ranger Famous Costume Sells At Auction
WACO, Texas (AP) – The outfit Lone Ranger actor Clayton Moore wore when making appearances as the character after retiring from television has sold for $195,000 at a Texas auction.
Waco-based A & S Auction Co. said the outfit was sold Saturday.
Moore, who died in 1999, played the masked lawman on the ABC television series “The Lone Ranger” from 1949 to 1957.
The auction house says that after retiring from television, Moore made appearances in character at events including fairs.
His outfit included a powder-blue shirt and pants, red kerchief, Stetson hat, boots, gun belt and Colt pistols.
The outfit spent more than a decade in the collection of a late Texas businessman whose family offered it at auction.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Pharmaceutical Firm Wants Lethal Injection Drugs Returned
- Garland Shooter Shot Multiple Times: ME Report
- Stephen Jones On Chris Johnson: No Need To ‘Holler’
- Texas Lawmakers Advance Abortion Bills With Little Debate
- Amid Garland, Gov’t Probing Lone-Wolf Terror Threats
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures