WACO, Texas (AP) – The outfit Lone Ranger actor Clayton Moore wore when making appearances as the character after retiring from television has sold for $195,000 at a Texas auction.
Waco-based A & S Auction Co. said the outfit was sold Saturday.
Moore, who died in 1999, played the masked lawman on the ABC television series “The Lone Ranger” from 1949 to 1957.
The auction house says that after retiring from television, Moore made appearances in character at events including fairs.
His outfit included a powder-blue shirt and pants, red kerchief, Stetson hat, boots, gun belt and Colt pistols.
The outfit spent more than a decade in the collection of a late Texas businessman whose family offered it at auction.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Congress Cracks Down On “Bots” That Snap Up Concert Tickets
- Final Rules For K-12 Standardized Testing Released
- Surgeon General Calls Youth ‘Vaping’ A Public Health Threat
- Texas Tech Defeats UTSA 87-50 For 5th Straight Win
- Hampton Scores Season-High 21 In Texas A&M’s Victory Over Denver
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures