Moving Day For North Texas Eagle
Get Breaking News First
SEAGOVILLE (CBSDFW.COM)- It’s moving day for a bald eagle in Seagoville.
An Oncor Electric Company crew began the process of moving the bird’s nest Saturday morning.
The nest was on a transmission tower a little too close to the high voltage lines.
Crews moved the nest to a new tower that was specifically built for the nest.
The eagle is not going too far from his former home.
Crews are just moving the nest to another arm, so the birds don’t fly into a high-voltage line.
They expect to wrap up Sunday. The line is on the John Bunker Sands Wetland Center.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Family Speaks Out After Police Officer Shoots, Kills Pet
- Dallas Nurse Nina Pham Showing Improvement In Ebola Fight
- Former Dewhurst Aide Pleads Guilty To Stealing Campaign Funds
- Bee Swarm Stings Middle School Students
- Gov. Rick Perry’s 1st Court Appearance Delayed
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures