UTA Hosts 14th Annual Auto Cross Weekend
To fuel your love of cars,
visit the Autos section.
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - College students from across the country had the need for speed in Arlington on Saturday.
UTA is hosting its 14th annual Texas Cross weekend. The university invites students from all over the country to come out and race formula cars. All the cars in the competition are built from scratch by the students.
“It’s open to all majors, all classifications, so we have engineering students, we have business majors, we’ve had an art major on the team in the past,” said Naima Rivas, an electrical engineering major. “It’s a fun weekend, we get to build camaraderie with other schools.”
The final rounds of the competition begin Sunday at 10 am. on Lot 49, which is at the southeast corner of Mitchell and Cooper Streets. Admission is free and open to the public.
UTA’s team finished fifth in the world earlier in the year in a similar competition, against the best racing teams from other colleges like UT Austin, Texas A&M University and the University of Kansas, among others.
- Texas Auditor Criticizes Program Run By Schools
- Mother’s Intuition Screamed ‘Predator’ After Run-In With Child Abuser
- Traffic Alert: TxDOT Switching Lanes ON 75
- Traffic Switch Has Driver After Driver Crashing Into Berry Street Median
- 103-Year-Old North Texas Woman Fights To Keep Her House
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures