UTA Hosts 14th Annual Auto Cross Weekend
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – College students from across the country had the need for speed in Arlington on Saturday.
UTA is hosting its 14th annual Texas Cross weekend. The university invites students from all over the country to come out and race formula cars. All the cars in the competition are built from scratch by the students.
“It’s open to all majors, all classifications, so we have engineering students, we have business majors, we’ve had an art major on the team in the past,” said Naima Rivas, an electrical engineering major. “It’s a fun weekend, we get to build camaraderie with other schools.”
The final rounds of the competition begin Sunday at 10 am. on Lot 49, which is at the southeast corner of Mitchell and Cooper Streets. Admission is free and open to the public.
UTA’s team finished fifth in the world earlier in the year in a similar competition, against the best racing teams from other colleges like UT Austin, Texas A&M University and the University of Kansas, among others.
- ‘Animated’ Dez Bryant Explains Fight With Tyler Patmon At Cowboys Camp
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- ‘Mission: Impossible’ Climbs To No. 1, ‘Vacation’ Is A Bust
- Hamilton Homers, Perez Wins As Rangers Edge Giants 2-1
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures