One Dead, Four Injured In Multi-Vehicle Crash On Loop 820 In Fort Worth
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — One person is dead and at least four people were injured, including a four-year-old boy, in a multi-vehicle crash on East Loop 820 in Fort Worth on Sunday morning.
A car, a pick-up truck and an 18-wheeler are believed to have been involved in the crash, which happened around 11:20 a.m. between Meadowbrook & Lancaster.
According to authorities, a Chevy Impala was hit by a Dodge pickup truck while traveling northbound in the left lane. The driver of the Dodge lost control, forcing the vehicle over the guard rail and into oncoming traffic, where it collided with an 18-wheeler.
25-year old Joshua Kent, the driver of the pickup, was transported to a local hospital by Careflight in critical condition, but died later Sunday afternoon. The child in the pick-up, who is believed to be about four years of age, was transported by ambulance to Cook Children’s Hospital in serious condition.
The driver of the Impala and the driver of the 18-wheeler were both sent to John Peter Smith by ground ambulance.
As of 2 p.m., the northbound side of Loop 820 was open, while the southbound side remained closed.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- DPD Bicycle Officer Collapses While On The Job
- Diaw Scores 19 To Lead Spurs In 94-76 Win Over Mavericks
- Shoot Or Don’t Shoot? Simulator Puts Citizens In Police Officer’s Shoes
- Texas Looks To Shine Light On Private Campus Police Records
- With Water Restrictions Easing Soon, Will Residents Return To Old Ways?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures