Community Hero: Interns Deliver Super Hero Capes To Child Patients
KRLD (DALLAS) — A group of 75 high school and college interns at Verizon took time last week to bring a bit of joy to some children in need.
The group designed and decorated super hero capes, which they then donated to patients at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
“These are capes that we donated to bring joy and happiness and a little bit of courage to children who are quite ill in the hospital,” said Barb Walker with Verizon. “It was a very, very nice opportunity to bring these students together and let them — with a hands on perspective — see the importance of community commitment.”
For their generosity and efforts, we recognize this group as our KRLD Community Hero!
- NASCAR Upholds Penalties Against Richard Childress Racing
- Controversial “Campus Carry” Bill May Soon Be Law
- Popular Gel Manicures Pose Health Concerns
- Pharmaceutical Firm Wants Lethal Injection Drugs Returned
- Garland Shooter Shot Multiple Times: ME Report
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures