Community Hero: Interns Deliver Super Hero Capes To Child Patients
Get Breaking News First
KRLD (DALLAS) – A group of 75 high school and college interns at Verizon took time last week to bring a bit of joy to some children in need.
The group designed and decorated super hero capes, which they then donated to patients at Children’s Medical Center of Dallas.
“These are capes that we donated to bring joy and happiness and a little bit of courage to children who are quite ill in the hospital,” said Barb Walker with Verizon. “It was a very, very nice opportunity to bring these students together and let them — with a hands on perspective — see the importance of community commitment.”
For their generosity and efforts, we recognize this group as our KRLD Community Hero!
- NFL Fines, Suspends Colts Owner For Violating League Conduct Policy
- Documents Suggest Kaufman Murder Suspect Planned Additional Assassinations
- AP Top 25: A&M Jumps, FSU, ‘Bama Lose Support
- Study: Americans Work Average 47-Hours A Week
- Mother Sues Forney Police For Mistaken Traffic Stop
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures