DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Dallas has confirmed its first positive West Nile test of the season and will immediately begin mosquito control spraying in the neighborhood.
The positive mosquitoes were trapped near the 6600 block of Brookshire Drive in the 75230 zip code. Spraying will occur between 9 p.m. and 5 a.m. on Monday and Tuesday between the following boundaries: Azalea Lane on the north, Tulane Blvd. on the west, Airline Road on the east and Walnut Hill Lane on the south.
The City of Dallas recommends that residents should avoid contact with the insecticide and recommends staying indoors during the spraying.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Shooting At Dallas Police Substation Renews Calls For Added Security
- Friends Remember Late Actor, Fort Worth Native Bill Paxton
- Kurt Busch Steals Monster Victory By Winning Daytona 500
- Rangers Slugger Hamilton Might Need Another Knee Surgery
- North Texans Spin Their Wheels To Raise Money For Cancer Research
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures