HOUSTON (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Funeral arrangements have been set for the six members of a family who were fatally shot in their home in Spring last week.
The funerals for Stephen and Katie Stay and four of their children, ranging in age from 4 to 14, will be held Wednesday at a chapel in Houston of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The family was a member of the Mormon church. A top church official was expected to speak at the funeral service, according to a church news release.
The couple’s 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy Stay, survived by playing dead after she was shot. She was released from a hospital Friday.
Ronald Lee Haskell, accused by authorities in Wednesday’s shooting, remains jailed without bond, charged with capital murder. Haskell had a handful of previous run-ins with law enforcement when he and his wife, the sister of one of the victims, lived in Utah.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Ron Leary Goes From ‘Trade Me’ To ‘Blessed’
- Sentencing Phase Begins For Christina Morris Kidnapper
- Report: Several People Injured In Houston Strip Mall Shooting
- Harvick Wins At New Hampshire To Advance To 2nd Round
- LSU Fires Coach Les Miles, Cameron, Promotes Orgeron
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures