Man Loses Toes In Encounter With Train
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Emergency workers helped a man in east Fort Worth on Monday morning after he was hit by a train. The incident happened at around 5:00 a.m. near the intersection of Rosedale Street and South Tierney Road.
MedStar and the Fort Worth Fire Department first responded to the call.
Police later explained that the 21-year-old victim fell asleep on the track and woke up just in time to scramble out of the train’s path with his life. He did, however, lose the toes on one foot and suffer a broken leg.
The name of the victim has not been released. Authorities did not say why he was sleeping on the train track.
The victim was taken to JPS Hospital in Fort Worth to receive treatment for his injuries. He is expected to survive.
- Oilman Nelson Bunker Hunt Dies At 88
- Business Owners Admit To Scamming Texas Schools
- USDA Decides To Implement Farm Bill Provision
- Storm Debris Discovery Reveals 100+ Years Of North Texas History
- I-Team Maps Route Taken To Dispose Of Ebola Hazardous Waste
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures