DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Chandler Parsons was rewarded this offseason with a three-year, $46 million contract from the Dallas Mavericks. Now, he’s being recognized on a global scale.
The newest Dallas Maverick is one of 19 players selected for this summer’s U.S. national team roster.
Derrick Rose, Kevin Durant, Kevin Love, James Harden and Anthony Davis are the five holdovers announced Monday, along with new addition DeMar DeRozan of Toronto.
Players will report to training camp in Las Vegas this month, with the roster cut to 12 for the World Cup of Basketball in Spain.
Rose is trying to make the team after his NBA season was cut short by another knee operation.
The rest of the roster: Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson (Golden State), Kyrie Irving (Cleveland), Blake Griffin (Clippers), Paul George (Indiana), Damian Lillard (Portland), Gordon Hayward (Utah), DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento), Bradley Beal (Washington), Andre Drummond (Detroit), Kenneth Faried (Denver) and Kyle Korver (Atlanta).
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- After 3 Roundtable Discussions On School Safety, What’s Next For Texas?
- Student Says Science Teacher Tackled Indiana School Shooter
- Kid-Friendly Day Trips From The DFW Area
- DART Motorcycle Officer Struck By Car In Downtown
- Rockets Lose Chris Paul To Hamstring Injury; Vow To Dig In For Game 6
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures