FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – One of Texas’ most wanted sex offenders has been captured in California and is waiting to be brought back to Texas.
Leo Colston was arrested in Los Angeles on July 10, about a month after he’d been added to the Texas 10 Most Wanted Sex Offender list.
Colston was convicted on Indecency with a Child by Sexual Contact in 2002 for an encounter with a 7-year-old girl.
Colston apparently moved around quite a bit in 2013, but failed to register as a sex offender, triggering warrants for his arrest in Nacogdoches in May and Los Angeles in August.
Colston is originally from Nacogdoches and will be brought back to Texas to face charges.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Fort Worth Officer Involved In Deadly Auto-Pedestrian Crash
- I-Team: Dallas Co. Seized Land Two Years Ago, Won’t Say How Owner Can Get It Back
- Jerry Jones Apologizes For ‘Inappropriate’ Comment Amid Growing Tension With Goodell
- Exhibit Opens Saturday Honoring Dallas Officer Who Was Killed The Day Of JFK’s Assassination
- Woman Says Botched ‘Brazilian Butt Lift’ Left Her In Wheelchair
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures