WACO, Texas (AP) – A collision involving two tractor-trailers on Interstate 35 south of Waco forced the closure of northbound lanes and a traffic backup extending more than 10 miles.
Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper D.L. Wilson says it’s not immediately clear what caused the vehicles to collide Tuesday morning in McLennan County but one caught fire and was destroyed. He says there were no injuries.
The collision happened in a construction zone that’s become a signature of travel along the I-35 corridor south of Waco.
Texas Department of Transportation spokeswoman Jodi Wheatley says northbound traffic began moving again later Tuesday morning but the backup extended 10 to 12 miles
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Facebook’s Zuckerberg Admits Mistakes, Outlines Steps
- Mark Anthony Conditt: What We Know About Austin Bombings Suspect
- Stephen Hawking’s Ashes To Be Buried Near Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin
- Mansfield ISD Hosting School Safety Meetings
- Corey Brewer Revitalizes Career With Thunder
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures