McIlroy Has To Get Past That ‘2nd-Round Thing’
HOYLAKE, England (AP) — Rory McIlroy would love to get his name on the claret jug.
First, he’s got to get past the second round at Royal Liverpool.
For some reason, McIlroy has struggled mightily on Fridays, a subject that came up again when he met with the media leading up to the British Open.
This year, McIlroy has played the opening round at a cumulative 49-under par. On the weekends, he’s a combined 39 under. But on Fridays, for some reason, he’s at 15 over for the year.
McIlroy calls it his “second-round thing,” and concedes he’s let the problem go to his head. As he says, “I have no problem shooting a low one on Thursday. There should be no reason I have any problem shooting a low one on Friday.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- State Fair of Texas Announces Winners of the 2015 Big Tex Choice Awards
- Police Investigate Motive In Ambush Of Houston Area Deputy
- Two Apartment Residents Robbed, One Shot Sunday Morning
- Man Shot During Armed Robbery At Apartment Complex
- Turner Field US Flag At Half-Staff After Fan Dies In Fall
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures