McIlroy Has To Get Past That ‘2nd-Round Thing’
Sports Fan Insider
HOYLAKE, England (AP) – Rory McIlroy would love to get his name on the claret jug.
First, he’s got to get past the second round at Royal Liverpool.
For some reason, McIlroy has struggled mightily on Fridays, a subject that came up again when he met with the media leading up to the British Open.
This year, McIlroy has played the opening round at a cumulative 49-under par. On the weekends, he’s a combined 39 under. But on Fridays, for some reason, he’s at 15 over for the year.
McIlroy calls it his “second-round thing,” and concedes he’s let the problem go to his head. As he says, “I have no problem shooting a low one on Thursday. There should be no reason I have any problem shooting a low one on Friday.”
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Says Prayer Shouldn’t Have Been Penalty
- Jerry Jones: Offense Is ‘Ahead Of My Expectations’
- PayPal To Separate From eBay In 2015
- Viagra Ads Begin Targeting Women
- Landing Gear Concern Brings Jet Back To DFW
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures