PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – Plano police have identified the man they say murdered a 23-year-old woman nearly a quarter century ago.
Police say Temmie Cooley, 48, of Dallas has been charged with the 1989 murder of Sharon Trimble.
Trimble, who was from Glen Heights, was found dead in the 1800 block of County Road in Plano on November 25, 1989. She had been reported missing earlier that day.
The Collin County Medical Examiner determined her death as a homicide, but at the time no arrests were made.
Investigators reopened her case in January 2014, and determined Cooley was the suspect.
Sources tell CBS 11’S JD Miles that the investigators used DNA to identify Cooley, who is already serving time in jail on other charges.
Plano Police say the investigation is ongoing and urge anyone with information to call the tip line at 972-941-2148 or Crime Stoppers at 1-877-373-8477.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Memorial Planned For Victims Of Fort Worth Double Murder
- Police: Oklahoma Man Wanted For Violent Crimes Had Hit List
- Niemi Makes 28 Saves, Stars Beat Jets 3-2
- Indians Beat Cubs 6-0 In World Series Opener
- Chipotle Sales Fall Again As It Tries To Win Back Customers
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures