PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) – Plano police have identified the man they say murdered a 23-year-old woman nearly a quarter century ago.
Police say Temmie Cooley, 48, of Dallas has been charged with the 1989 murder of Sharon Trimble.
Trimble, who was from Glen Heights, was found dead in the 1800 block of County Road in Plano on November 25, 1989. She had been reported missing earlier that day.
The Collin County Medical Examiner determined her death as a homicide, but at the time no arrests were made.
Investigators reopened her case in January 2014, and determined Cooley was the suspect.
Sources tell CBS 11’S JD Miles that the investigators used DNA to identify Cooley, who is already serving time in jail on other charges.
Plano Police say the investigation is ongoing and urge anyone with information to call the tip line at 972-941-2148 or Crime Stoppers at 1-877-373-8477.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Harry Potter Book Series Turns 20
- Crash Closes PGBT In Both Directions In Grand Prairie
- Supreme Court Reinstates Trump Travel Ban
- Supreme Court Rules Against Texas Death Row Inmate Over Lawyer Errors
- Not All Rookies Are Created Equal In Fantasy Baseball, So Choose Yours Wisely
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures