DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) — The Dallas Mavericks have agreed to a one-year deal with free agent forward Rashard Lewis, according to Yahoo Sports.
Terms of the deal were not made available, though the deal is believed to be for the veteran’s minimum.
Lewis, 34, spent the last two seasons in Miami, primarily as a reserve player. In 60 games last season (6 starts), Lewis averaged 4.5 points and 1.8 rebounds in 16.2 minutes per game. The 6-foot-10 forward shot 41.5 percent from the field and 34.3 percent from three-point range.
Lewis appeared in all five games of the NBA Finals, scoring in double digits in games 1-3.
For his career, the Houston-native is a 38.6 percent shooter from long range.
The 16-year veteran has made two All Star squads (2006, 2009) and won the 2013 NBA Title with the Heat.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Men Of ’88 Dallas Carter Team Talk Of Lessons Learned At Documentary Screening
- Diekman Sets Out For Rehab Assignment After Three Colon Procedures
- 13 Things You Didn’t Know About WWE Superstar Jinder Mahal
- Frank Nobilo On Wyndham Championship: ‘Kevin Kisner Win Would Be Fairytale Story’
- Falcons’ New Stadium To Have Chick-fil-A; Won’t Be Open On Sundays