FORT HOOD (AP) – Water conservation restrictions have eased at Fort Hood following the repair of a broken line but a boil water order remains in effect as supplies are tested.
Physical training resumes Wednesday at the nation’s largest Army post in Central Texas.
A work crew on Saturday accidentally punctured a water main serving Fort Hood and nearby communities. The line has been fixed but lab analysis continues on the post’s water supplies to make sure required quality standards are met.
Fort Hood, with about 40,000 active duty personnel, has limited outdoor watering until tanks and regular supplies are fully replenished.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- George H.W. Bush Tweets His Thanks To Houston
- Frank Nobilo On Zurich Classic: ‘With Team Format, You Can Have A Lot Of Fun’
- Dallas Police Officer Dies, Another Critical After Home Depot Shooting
- Judge Deals Big Setback To Trump On ‘Dreamers’ Program
- Comcast Challenges Murdoch With Rival Bid For UK-Based Sky
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures