FORT HOOD (AP) – Water conservation restrictions have eased at Fort Hood following the repair of a broken line but a boil water order remains in effect as supplies are tested.
Physical training resumes Wednesday at the nation’s largest Army post in Central Texas.
A work crew on Saturday accidentally punctured a water main serving Fort Hood and nearby communities. The line has been fixed but lab analysis continues on the post’s water supplies to make sure required quality standards are met.
Fort Hood, with about 40,000 active duty personnel, has limited outdoor watering until tanks and regular supplies are fully replenished.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Homicide Victim Identified, No Suspect In Custody
- Search Continues For Men Who Beat, Robbed Two People In Deep Ellum
- US Leaving UN Human Rights Council: ‘A Cesspool Of Political Bias’
- Police: Woman Stole Laptops From Southlake Costco
- Crusade To Reduce Food Waste Underway In Dallas
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures