Funeral Wednesday For Slain Houston-Area Family
SPRING, Texas (AP) – Funeral services are planned for six members of a suburban Houston family at a church not far from the home where they were shot to death last week.
The slaying victims are 39-year-old Stephen Stay, his 34-year-old wife Katie and their four youngest children. They’ll be buried in a private ceremony after services Wednesday afternoon at their Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The couple’s 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy, survived the attack a week ago by playing dead, called police and identified the gunman as her aunt’s ex-husband, 33-year-old Ronald Lee Haskell. Haskell had been divorced from Katie Stay’s sister and records show he had a history of domestic violence.
Haskell was arrested a few hours later after a police standoff and is facing multiple charges of capital murder.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- This Week In Golf: Furyk Gets It Done At RBC Heritage; Zurich Classic Next
- Thieves Leave No Mess While Taking ATM
- 5 Of Boxing’s Most Controversial Fights Ever
- Man Dead After Shooting In Oak Cliff
- Bush To Hand Campaign Tasks To Super PAC
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures