SPRING, Texas (AP) – Funeral services are planned for six members of a suburban Houston family at a church not far from the home where they were shot to death last week.
The slaying victims are 39-year-old Stephen Stay, his 34-year-old wife Katie and their four youngest children. They’ll be buried in a private ceremony after services Wednesday afternoon at their Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The couple’s 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy, survived the attack a week ago by playing dead, called police and identified the gunman as her aunt’s ex-husband, 33-year-old Ronald Lee Haskell. Haskell had been divorced from Katie Stay’s sister and records show he had a history of domestic violence.
Haskell was arrested a few hours later after a police standoff and is facing multiple charges of capital murder.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Seguin Scores Twice During Big 2nd, Stars Beat Capitals 4-3
- Fight Night: Personal Attacks, Court Debate For GOP Hopefuls
- Texas Transforms Into Hoops Heaven
- Obama Plans To Nominate Successor To SCOTUS Justice Antonin Scalia
- Charlotte Hits Century Mark Again, Beats North Texas 103-79
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures