Funeral Wednesday For Slain Houston-Area Family
SPRING, Texas (AP) - Funeral services are planned for six members of a suburban Houston family at a church not far from the home where they were shot to death last week.
The slaying victims are 39-year-old Stephen Stay, his 34-year-old wife Katie and their four youngest children. They’ll be buried in a private ceremony after services Wednesday afternoon at their Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The couple’s 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy, survived the attack a week ago by playing dead, called police and identified the gunman as her aunt’s ex-husband, 33-year-old Ronald Lee Haskell. Haskell had been divorced from Katie Stay’s sister and records show he had a history of domestic violence.
Haskell was arrested a few hours later after a police standoff and is facing multiple charges of capital murder.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Denton Police Look For Suspect In Apartment Shooting
- FW Firefighters Rescue Man From Mobile Home
- Cowboys Playoff-Bound And FishTip Says ‘At Home’ Is Good
- 1 Dead, 1 Arrested In Azle Shooting
- Cowboys Dismantle Colts 42-7 To Win NFC East
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures