SPRING, Texas (AP) – Funeral services are planned for six members of a suburban Houston family at a church not far from the home where they were shot to death last week.
The slaying victims are 39-year-old Stephen Stay, his 34-year-old wife Katie and their four youngest children. They’ll be buried in a private ceremony after services Wednesday afternoon at their Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
The couple’s 15-year-old daughter, Cassidy, survived the attack a week ago by playing dead, called police and identified the gunman as her aunt’s ex-husband, 33-year-old Ronald Lee Haskell. Haskell had been divorced from Katie Stay’s sister and records show he had a history of domestic violence.
Haskell was arrested a few hours later after a police standoff and is facing multiple charges of capital murder.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chile Wins 2nd Straight Copa America Title
- Dallas Police Identify Suspect Vehicle In Murder Investigation
- 10-Year-Old Taken To Hospital After Near-Drowning
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- North Texans Remember Garland and Rowlett Tornadoes
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures