TEXARKANA (AP) – A Texas woman who had minor acting roles in film and television faces sentencing for sending ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and now-former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The sentencing hearing for 36-year-old Shannon Guess Richardson is set for Wednesday in federal court in Texarkana, Texas.
Richardson pleaded guilty in December to possessing and producing a biological toxin. Her attorney says that under the plea deal her prison time would be capped at 18 years.
Richardson was arrested in June 2013 after authorities said she tried to implicate her estranged husband after he filed for divorce. Prosecutors say Richardson mailed three letters from New Boston, outside Texarkana, then went to police and claimed that her husband did it.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lakers Fire GM Kupchak, Put Magic Johnson In Charge Of Basketball Ops
- Cow Roams New York Streets After Escaping Slaughterhouse
- Texas Bills Aim To Curb Sexual Violence On College Campuses
- Texas Easing Out Of Downturn, Oil Association Leader Says
- Fort Hood Soldier From Massachusetts Dies In Iraq
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures