TEXARKANA (AP) – A Texas woman who had minor acting roles in film and television faces sentencing for sending ricin-laced letters to President Barack Obama and now-former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg.
The sentencing hearing for 36-year-old Shannon Guess Richardson is set for Wednesday in federal court in Texarkana, Texas.
Richardson pleaded guilty in December to possessing and producing a biological toxin. Her attorney says that under the plea deal her prison time would be capped at 18 years.
Richardson was arrested in June 2013 after authorities said she tried to implicate her estranged husband after he filed for divorce. Prosecutors say Richardson mailed three letters from New Boston, outside Texarkana, then went to police and claimed that her husband did it.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Fans Have Much To Say After Painful 37-9 Loss To Eagles
- Oklahoma’s BIG 12 Title Game Opponent Still To Be Determined
- Trump Declares North Korea A State Sponsor Of Terror
- SEC Football Report: Welcome To Iron Bowl Week
- 1 Transported After Car Ends Up In White Rock Lake
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures