AUSTIN (AP) – Texas high school athletic officials have voted to move the boys’ and girls’ state basketball tournaments to San Antonio after 93 years in Austin.
The University Interscholastic League announced the move to the Alamodome Tuesday.
The move was prompted by scarcity of hotel rooms in Austin in early March because of the South By Southwest festival
The first state championship was held in Austin in 1921. There are now 48 teams — four in each of six divisions for boys and girls.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Court Hearing Case To Limit Gay Marriage Legalization
- President Donald Trump Pulls No Punches At Inaugural Address
- 2017 NBA All-Star Game Starting Lineups
- Bush & Wife Remain Hospitalized In Houston
- Trump Signs Measure Granting Mattis Waiver To Serve As Defense Secretary
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures