UIL Moves Basketball Tourney To San Antonio
AUSTIN (AP) – Texas high school athletic officials have voted to move the boys’ and girls’ state basketball tournaments to San Antonio after 93 years in Austin.
The University Interscholastic League announced the move to the Alamodome Tuesday.
The move was prompted by scarcity of hotel rooms in Austin in early March because of the South By Southwest festival
The first state championship was held in Austin in 1921. There are now 48 teams — four in each of six divisions for boys and girls.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arlington Police Still Searching For Kidnapping, Rape Suspect
- The Top 5 Potential Playoff Starting Pitchers Under 26 Years-Old
- Child Protective Services Searching For Missing 10-Year-Old
- A Lottery Player’s Fantasy Come True — Scratch-Off & Sniff Tickets
- North Richland Hills Releases 200 Blue Balloons In Support Of Law Enforcement
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures