AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz says he raised more than $1.2 million in the year’s second quarter, about 25 percent more than he received in the first three months of 2014.
The tea party darling and possible future White House hopeful has now raised more than $6.2 million since taking office in January 2013.
Despite frequent travel, especially to early presidential voting states, Cruz reported Wednesday having about $2.4 million in cash on-hand.
From April through June, he received nearly 27,000 individual donations. All but about 1,200 of them were of less than $100.
Cruz raised about $890,000 from January through March but raked in $1.5 million during the final three months of 2013. That included a bump in donations after he helped force last year’s partial federal government shutdown.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- PD Searching For Trio That Committed Armed Robbery In Arlington
- ‘Reality’ TV Comes To Dallas With ‘The Real Housewives Of Dallas’
- 44-Year-Old Man Accused Of Molesting 4 Keller ISD Students
- Peter Kostis On Pebble Beach: ‘No Better Place In The World For Golf’
- Brazil & University Of Texas Reach Deal On Zika Vaccine
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures