McALLEN (AP) — South Texas authorities say a state appeals court judge was arrested for drunken driving following a weekend traffic stop.
McAllen police said Judge Nora Longoria was stopped for a traffic violation early Saturday morning and charged with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.
She later posted $2,000 bond and was released from custody.
Longoria sits on the 13th Court of Appeals, which serves the region extending from Corpus Christi south to Edinburg. She was elected to the court in 2012.
A phone message left Monday with her office was not immediately returned.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Texas Transforms Into Hoops Heaven
- Obama Plans To Nominate Successor To SCOTUS Justice Antonin Scalia
- Charlotte Hits Century Mark Again, Beats North Texas 103-79
- Graham’s 27 Lead No. 6 Kansas Past No. 3 Oklahoma 76-72
- Texas A&M Stumbles To 4th Straight Loss, 76-71 At LSU
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures