Police: Appeals Court Judge Arrested On DWI Charge
Get Breaking News First
McALLEN (AP) — South Texas authorities say a state appeals court judge was arrested for drunken driving following a weekend traffic stop.
McAllen police said Judge Nora Longoria was stopped for a traffic violation early Saturday morning and charged with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.
She later posted $2,000 bond and was released from custody.
Longoria sits on the 13th Court of Appeals, which serves the region extending from Corpus Christi south to Edinburg. She was elected to the court in 2012.
A phone message left Monday with her office was not immediately returned.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Would-be Homebuyers Consider Remodeling Instead
- SMU Sells Beer For The First Time At Home Game
- North Texas Dominates Nicholls 77-3
- No. 6 Texas A&M rolls 58-6 over June-less SMU
- Silver Alert Canceled After Missing Fort Worth Senior Found
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures