McALLEN (AP) — South Texas authorities say a state appeals court judge was arrested for drunken driving following a weekend traffic stop.
McAllen police said Judge Nora Longoria was stopped for a traffic violation early Saturday morning and charged with misdemeanor driving while intoxicated.
She later posted $2,000 bond and was released from custody.
Longoria sits on the 13th Court of Appeals, which serves the region extending from Corpus Christi south to Edinburg. She was elected to the court in 2012.
A phone message left Monday with her office was not immediately returned.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mark Anthony Conditt: What We Know About Austin Bombings Suspect
- Pair Electrocuted While Servicing Hotel Sign In North Texas
- Blackhawks Miss NHL Playoffs For The First Time Since 2008
- Bruno Mars & The Weeknd To Headline Lollapalooza In Chicago
- Biden Says He’d “Beat The Hell” Out Of Trump For Disrespecting Women
PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures