FORTH WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) — Fort Worth Police say a truck crashed into a home on Wednesday night as a man attacked the driver while hanging onto the moving vehicle.
The crash occurred shortly after 10 p.m. in the 3800 block of Longstraw Drive on the city’s north side.
According to the driver, the 17-year-old suspect approached the driver’s side at an intersection, reached through the window, and began assaulting him. The driver continued on for a short distance, as the suspect hung onto the side of the truck and continued assaulting him.
As a result, the vehicle crashed into a home, critically injuring the suspect. According to authorities, the suspect is still in critical condition and has not been questioned.
The driver of the vehicle complained of leg pain. Another passenger in the truck was not injured.
The residents of the home escaped without injury.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Big Rig Fire Shuts Down Highway In Waxahachie
- Report: Several Injured In Shooting At Dallas Office Building
- Always Be Looking For Fast Starters In Fantasy Baseball’s First Month
- Sean Hannity Calls Sexual Harassment Accusation ‘100% False’
- Construction Workers Rescued After Scaffolding Collapse